Saturday, June 19, 2010

final memories

I have gotten so much done in these past few days, it's not even funny.

Instead of going on a one-day camping trip, I went to the Met on Tuesday. My mom and I saw the American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity exhibition, which had lovely costumes. We also looked at paintings by Picasso and Van Gogh.



Thursday
My school's rock band performed at a local bar, and they were pretty good. (Maybe I'll join next year?) I managed to get a spot in the front and film to my heart's content. They covered many songs, including "The Scientist" by Coldplay.



After the performance I went to the park, where my school was holding a picnic. I mostly hung out with my friends Marina and Raechel.

Friday
Kree, Tamara, and I spent gym class at the park, just sitting and talking and looking at the sky. We talked about the things that pleased us, and the things that frustrated us. At one point we started talking about the special edition Kurt Cobain Converse, which lead to praising the many types of cool shoes sold at Urban Outfitters. At one point someone with bugged-out eyes said "I can't believe you guys talked about Converse for thirty minutes!"  So needless to say, we were pretty pissed that we had an eavesdropper, but we were glad that we spent the last Friday afternoon of the school year with each other.

The eighth graders graduated yesterday, and it was so sad. Everyone looked so grown up, and a little scared for high school. I'm really going to miss them, even if they did get on my nerves at times.




When I got home, I watched Into the Wild, which tells the story of Christopher McCandless. Sean Penn wrote the screenplay and directed, and it couldn't have been better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recently finished reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky. It was an amazing book, and I enjoyed the main character's thoughts and opinions.

Sorry if this post seems a bit long and slow; I just had a lot on my mind. I have only four days of school left, and I can't wait for the adventures that summer will bring me!

1 comment:

People who bother to read this