Tuesday, May 4, 2010

dreams are my reality


The month of May decided to bring along some humidity and rain; which is yet another reminder that summer is around the corner.


I had a pretty busy weekend for once. My track meet on Saturday was rescheduled, so I ended up having a sleepover with the infamous Claire and Alexis instead; we ended up crashing at 4:30 (a.m., of course).


The local music and arts festival was on Sunday, which was a lot of fun, despite the 90-degree weather. We stopped at Panera one too many times to acknowledge the air conditioning, and hung out with some people from school.


Thus being the week after testing, everything is back to "normal"; the amount of homework is climaxing each and every day. So much is going on and there's so much to be done, yet we have little time.


You all know that I have a bit of an obsession with Polaroid, but as of late my likeness for that corporation is decreasing. Lady Gaga was named chief creative officer earlier this year, which really disappointed me, andher  first move was creating this oh-so familiar camera:




Needless to say, my resentment towards this "creative" woman has grown even stronger.


Anyway,


I'll stop talking about cameras, for the sake of your sanity.
Instead, I'll talk about John Green.


You see, natalie has mentioned this author on her blog multiple times, so I decided to read Paper Towns. I wish to read Looking for Alaska pretty soon. I like John Green because he's written only a few books, but still gets so many awards and honors, which proves that you don't have to be like Ann M. Martin and write an ongoing series of one hundred books and a bunch of spin-offs.


I have to finish typing up my volcano report, so I will talk (write) to you all in a couple of days.


Bye-bye! 

1 comment:

  1. Your weekend sounds like it was very fun indeed! Work seems to be climaxing for me as well though... that's on the other hand not very fun :P

    Oh Lady Gaga. She's quite the anomaly...

    Yay for the amazingness John Green! :) Yes, it's definitely the quality of books and by no means the quantity.

    ReplyDelete

People who bother to read this