Saturday, March 13, 2010

whatever you do in life will be insignificant


It's pretty much been a movie weekend for me. Last night I watched Fried Green Tomatoes, which was quite good, and today I saw Remember Me. The weather has been dreadful and rainy, so getting wrapped up in the stories of fictional characters can often cheer you up, even if those stories happen to be sad.

So yes, I saw Remember Me today, as mentioned before. The movie was okay, I suppose. It's just one of those movies where you expect something depressing or shocking to happen in every scene (which it did). The story seemed to go on and on, until the huge hair-raising ending came along. I  really did enjoy the actors' performances. Robert Pattinson, Emilie de Ravin (from Lost), and Ruby Jerins carried the film very well, while Pierce Bronsan portrayed the usual workaholic dad in the big suit. I do suggest this movie, however, and give 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Alright, moving on... 

I've been seeing pictures from Lady Gaga's new music video all over the web, and it's kind of amusing, yet annoying at the same time. I'm not really a huge fan of Lady Gaga, because I happen to think that she is a huge poseur. So many people love her because she is different, but constantly dying your hair and wearing flashy revealing outfits isn't really appealing to me. She keeps changing because her fans will get tired of her if she stays the same way for more than three months, which proves that a good majority of our generation is impatient and must always be entertained with cliché pop songs about love and whatnot.

Well bloggers, it's about that time.
Stay tuned for further critical thinking.

3 comments:

  1. It seems like Remember Me is definitely the movie to see as of late! I'll have to watch it ASAP to see what I think of it!

    Yeah, I kinda have mixed feelings on Lady Gaga. On one side of it I like her catchy songs and crazy outfits and whatnot, but at the other end it all kind of seems like a big act, a big marketing ploy. So I dunno :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what someone else would think of Remember Me..I saw it too. There were some interesting moments..and then I felt guilty later when I thought..that was a little over the top. I found his apartment more interesting that Rob's character..

    Oh..and Lady Gaga..she just doesn't amuse me as much as she used too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true. Our generation can be pretty wierd at times, and i DO NOT like lady gaga. Infact i am not really into all of that r and b music and what not. now a days i just want a song that has meaningful lyrics. I didn't know that remember me would be good though. I will make sure to stayed tune!

    ReplyDelete

People who bother to read this