ME! Muahaha! In all of my poised glory at Columbus Circle last Saturday.
Sorry about that. Here's what really happened at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards:
- Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin co-hosted, as mentioned in a previous post. They had a few laugh-out-loud funny moments, but otherwise you would just sit on your couch thinking "eh, yeah, not really funny. just let the hip young folks present the awards!".
- Katherine Bigalow pretty much kicked some major butt, the "major butt" being James Cameron. The Hurt Locker won a total of six awards, including Best Director, Best Picture, and Best Original Screenplay.
- Oh, and the Academy made a tribute to John Hughes, which pretty much made my night. Seeing the Brat Pack reunite was a sight for sore eyes.
- Jeff Bridges won for Best Actor! I was very happy for him, and his speech was heartwarming. Such a caring old soul.
- Sandra Bullock won for Best Actress, and I was really shocked. I thought Meryl Streep, Carrey Mulligan, or Gabourey Sidibide would have won, but all of the nominees were great anyway. Go Sandra!
This year's show was pretty good overall, and everyone looked stunning. Sam Worthington from Avatar wore a $20 pair of shoes, which I think is pretty cool.
Today we had surprisingly nice weather for the beginning of March, and a few people didn't even wear their winter coats. I'm ready for all of the nasty wind and snow to be gone, but not ready to say goodbye to tights because sooner or later I'll start telling myself that I look like whore if I wear high wasted skirts.
I'm not really sure if any "academic adventures" are in store for me this week, but I'll keep you posted if anything seemingly exciting happens....maybe I'll throw in a couple of crappy pictures. (: