Monday, February 15, 2010

stop the madness

The past couple of days have been pretty hectic in general. Here's why:
  • School was canceled on Wednesday and Thursday due to the inclement weather. It's nice to sleep in until 10:30 and wake up to heavy snowfall. I pretty much live for Kodak moments.
  • We all return to school on Friday. A two-hour long assembly greets us. In those two hours, the seventh graders had to perform the "Elemental Rap" in awkward fashion. The Michael Jackson Dance Tribute Club (yes, you heard me right) performed, too, and I was pretty impressed. My morning classes were cut short, but homework was still assigned for the break.
If your calendars haven't made it clear enough for you, today is Valentine's Day. Quite honestly, I don't know why people stress out about having no one to be with on this day. It just makes no sense (maybe it's because I'm thirteen and all love-related issues have a temporary residence at the back of my mind). Anywhoo, I spent the day with Claire and Alexis. We basically walked around town and stopped in every little store we could find, spending most of our pocket money on a bunch of random stuff. When we finally got tired we headed back to my house and watched  Jennifer's Body. I did manage to take a few crappy pictures...


All of us decided that we had to have the new Nylon, which came with this t-shirt. I can't wait to see the teachers' reactions when I wear this to school.


A very expensive (but cute) camera necklace, priced at $9.99. Hahaha.


I couldn't help but buy these gloves. What can I say? They're awesome. I bought a 4-pack of The Nightmare Before Christmas buttons, but only kept the one of Jack Skellington.


A Remington Rand? In *instert town name here*? The world really must be screwing with me.


Samoas are pretty much the best-tasting things one can eat.

So yes, it was a pretty good day. You gotta love friends.

I have all of next week off, so be expecting some more posts! In the meantime, I would like to commute to some late-night reading.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're right, it's dumb to get worked up about not having a boyfriend/girlfriend for Valentine's Day. But I can't help but be a teensy bit cynical about it, haha ;)

    It sounds like you spent the day well though! I'm sure your teachers will loooove that shirt haha... The camera necklace and gloves (Nightmare Before Christmas ftw!) are great, but OH MY GOODNESS SAMOAS are even better :D I have to find a Girl Scout and buy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great valentines day so seriously who needs a guy/girl on that day. I LOVE that camera necklace and i might just buy it at that price even though that is ridiculously expensive. Oh and by the way GREAT shirt!

    ReplyDelete

People who bother to read this