Saturday, February 6, 2010

satellite of you

Instead of the usual "Hello!", I would like to start the post by pointing something out:
It's Saturday!
Which means....my commitment to post more often during the week starts....NOW. No more weekend posts for a while. I pretty much destroy my blog by dragging things out, such as my posting issue.


I have spent my Saturday posing in my nerd glasses (which are actually 3D glasses from Coraline..hehe). The little quote-filled book in my hand is actually based on a poster that was made before World War II by the British. And why do I have so much to say about a seemingly random picture?

My educational experiences remain the same. You know, sitting through classes and taking notes (doodling), reading during recess, and laughing at "That's what she said" jokes before realizing what I'm laughing at. It's actually kind of depressing how everyone is "engineered" to think of the dirty thing instead of the actual meaning of something these days. 

The Oscar nominations were released this week, and I am not very pleased with The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. And being the sharp-tounged girl that I am, I will tell you why. I personally think that a lot of the films/actors/etc. are not Oscar-worthy material. Like Up in the Air, for instance. Yes, it was a good movie, but did it really deserve so many nominations?  And you know what? Nancy Meyers should be a nominee in the Best Original Screenplay category for It's Complicated, because that woman made me laugh so hard in the movie theater. Oh, and I know Meryl Streep has won many awards, but she deserves an Oscar for her work in Julie & Julia. But...I am pleased to announce that Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin are hosting the show this year!

Speaking of movies, I watched Ray on Tuesday, which starred Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles. Jamie won a well-deserved Oscar for his performance in 2005. Ray was by far one of the most amazing biographical movies I have ever seen.

Things to look foward to during the month of February:

  • Valentine's Day? (the holiday, not the Garry Marshall-directed romantic comedy)
  • Winter Recess-February 15th-19th
  • Oh, and maybe a post about Winona Ryder?


Well kids, I can't think of anything clever or witty to say, so I will just go ahead and close up shop. I would say something about the Super Bowl, but I'm not really into sports for that matter.

Until next time,
Grace

3 comments:

  1. Yay for 3D nerd glasses :D I have a pair of those, hehehe...

    I don't know, I don't really keep up with the Oscars and everything like that... but Harry Potter should just automatically win everything? :D

    Lucky you have a winter recess! And I didn't even know the Super Bowl was today, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Nice post, I really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into the super-bowl either and 3D nerd glasses is genius (: I don't really seem to care about Oscars for that reason its now hard to tell whether an Oscar movie is good or not. Awesome you guys get a break! But enjoy the month and happy valentines day!

    ReplyDelete

People who bother to read this