Friday, January 1, 2010

why hello there, 2010, how do you do?

As you can tell by the title, it's a new year.
All I gotta say is....
thank god for small miracles. (literally, despite the fact that the Miracle on the Hudson was a gigantic miracle)

I personally wasn't a big fan of 2009. It wasn't exactly a thriving year for me. Yes, good and bad things happened here and there, as that tends to happen every year, but still. 2009 didn't rock my fuzzy orange socks.

However, I did accomplish some things that I'm pretty darn proud of, such as..
  • buying a Polaroid. (compliments of four crumpled dollar bills and a tiny hospital thrift store)
  • managing to hear from/talk to at least every family member, if not a lot of them.
  • kickin' ass with my grades, even though I highly dislike the fine stastistics of Mathematics.
  • landing a role in the school play at the last minute and looking like a huge dork onstage.
  • and....seeing my very first Broadway musical, Rock of Ages.
What can I say? Some things need to be written down, even if they can seem annoying hearing them more than once.

I did manage to watch a lot of movies due to my mom's crazy decision of getting a Blockbuster card, paying an extra five dollars for HBO on demand, and the opening of the movie theater. Even though no one knows what I'm talking about when I mention Gray Gardens or  Love, Actually, it pays off. Why? Because there's nothing better than watching the lives of truly brilliant (sometimes) fictional people.

I've traded in a very bad haircut (I'm talking catostrophic), some itchy and rather tight skinny jeans, and beat up Converse for a pair of Dr. Martens, skirts of many lengths, and a much more manageble 'do. And guess what? It all worked out.

Bring it on, 2010. I'm ready. Are you?

4 comments:

  1. happy new year,
    hope 2010 is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll make that a new year's resolution of mine, to track down a Polaroid camera O: I've already scoured many a thrift store with no luck, but hopefully by 2011 I'll find one!

    Happy new year, and here's to a fantastic 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great year. From what im hearing. It's awesome you got yourself a polaroid camera. Though i don't think i really need one. Considering i just don't know where to get one. I'm not too sure if i'm ready for the new year. Wow a decade past. I'm getting old (:

    ReplyDelete

People who bother to read this