All I gotta say is....
thank god for small miracles. (literally, despite the fact that the Miracle on the Hudson was a gigantic miracle)
I personally wasn't a big fan of 2009. It wasn't exactly a thriving year for me. Yes, good and bad things happened here and there, as that tends to happen every year, but still. 2009 didn't rock my fuzzy orange socks.
However, I did accomplish some things that I'm pretty darn proud of, such as..
- buying a Polaroid. (compliments of four crumpled dollar bills and a tiny hospital thrift store)
- managing to hear from/talk to at least every family member, if not a lot of them.
- kickin' ass with my grades, even though I highly dislike the fine stastistics of Mathematics.
- landing a role in the school play at the last minute and looking like a huge dork onstage.
- and....seeing my very first Broadway musical, Rock of Ages.
I did manage to watch a lot of movies due to my mom's crazy decision of getting a Blockbuster card, paying an extra five dollars for HBO on demand, and the opening of the movie theater. Even though no one knows what I'm talking about when I mention Gray Gardens or Love, Actually, it pays off. Why? Because there's nothing better than watching the lives of truly brilliant (sometimes) fictional people.
I've traded in a very bad haircut (I'm talking catostrophic), some itchy and rather tight skinny jeans, and beat up Converse for a pair of Dr. Martens, skirts of many lengths, and a much more manageble 'do. And guess what? It all worked out.
Bring it on, 2010. I'm ready. Are you?