Wednesday, January 20, 2010

accidentally on purpose

Hello, fellow bloggers!

It's been ten (yes, ten!) days since you've last heard from me, and during those long ten days I managed to occupy my time by doing the following things:

~being lazy. As in, watching my Heathers DVD a thousand times, quoting Winona Ryder and ransacking Tumblr photography blogs, and wishing for my hair to grow four inches overnight. And guess what? Some wishes take a very long time to come true. Eight months, to be exact.

Oh, and last Saturday, at approximately 3:30, my mom spontaneously decided to go to Boston. So we threw some clothes and tolietries in a bag and hopped on a train at Penn Station. Thank goodness it was a three-day weekend. Now, time for pictures!



Our hotel, which was quite lovely.


Pretty self-explanatory, don't you think so?


Charles Street. My mom has never said "quaint" and "charming" so many times before in her life, I assure you.

I apologize for not posting a lot of pictures. I tried to find the best ones. Yes, it was a very short trip, but a nice one. Have any of you been on fun little vacations? If so, tell me about it.

Anywhoo,
I did happen to get a part in the play. A very small part, but perhaps a memorable one. I am Ensemble #4, and I have to dance with the prince (who is played by an awkwardly tall eighth grader) at the ball. But...according to Mr. Ed Monk, I have to perform a short spastic dance, hug the prince and scream I LOVE YOU! in creeper-like fashion. And then I run off the stage while the kindergartners giggle. Applause? I think not.

In other news, I got pulled out of school early today to go to Poets House (located in the World Finacial Center) with my seminar group. I buried my iPod in my blazer pocket and my friend Jack begged me to let him listen to "Paper Planes". Poets House was actually very calming, and I photocopied some pages out of chapbooks for poetic inspiration.

Well, I guess that sums up my missing ten days. Back to the drawing board.
Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I wish my hair would grow 4 inches and magically become less poofy ): Your impromptu trip to Boston sounds lovely :D I wish my mom was that awesomely spontaneous! And the front of your hotel kind of reminds me of Forever 21, hehe. But hey, being a slightly creepy, screaming, prince-hugging person in the play sounds like a fun role to me, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome trip! and good for you! At least you got a part that will make someone smile (:

    ReplyDelete

People who bother to read this