Thursday, November 26, 2009

tom the turkey is dead to me

As you all know, it just so happens to be Thanksgiving, one of the many family holidays on the calendar. The year has gone by so fast. 2010 is right around the corner.

I woke up at 10, missing the first hour of the Macy's parade on the television. I still watched it anyway while my mom was multitasking. After the parade ended, my mom and I watched The Parent Trap, and it made me remember the day Natasha Richardson died. That movie is still one of my favorites and my mom got all emotional when Dennis Quaid won over his ex-wife in the end.

Dinner was served around 3:30, which saved me from eating Cheerios from the box and Ritz crackers. Turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, the whole enchilada. My future plans are pumpkin pie and Funny People.

Tomorrow is Black Friday, which I like to call Crazy Competitive Shopper Friday. I mean, it's not like the world will end if you don't get your four-year-old the new Dora toy or a cashmere sweater for your "special someone".  My town is so small that we don't have Black Friday, and I am positive that New York will be crazy.

Well, this post is turning into a ramble.
I hope you all had a happy Turkey Day.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are in the holiday mood, now. Any snow your way?

    ReplyDelete

People who bother to read this